Augmented Reality Experience Designer
Jido is making our physical world more intuitive and interactive using location based augmented reality (AR). Spaces, our full-stack AR authoring platform has already been deployed to over 10,000 locations on 6 continents. Our team began in the Stanford Artificial Intelligence Labs and is now backed by Y Combinator, Khosla Ventures, and an amazing group of industry leaders.
While we are tech nerds at heart, our development is driven by practical areas where AR provides massive value in a way that no other interface works. We feel there is no need to wait for the future of spatial computing, we have already found impactful ways to use our technology to make today's world better for people. As a result of this focus, our platform is already being used to address problems billions of people face every day.
You are a design leader with strong UX opinions. You have dabbled in a wide range of technologies and projects outside of a traditional designer stack. You are a self motivated problem solver with the confidence that you can overcome nearly any challenge with a little digital duct tape. You can move fast without sacrificing attention to detail and a polished end user experience.
As an AR Experience Designer at Jido, you will be responsible for leading the design and prototyping of a wide range of AR interactions for folks that may not even know how to send a text message. During discovery, you will craft user journeys and storyboarding. You will work closely with our front-end team to ensure that the final implementation meets the user's needs in an intuitive and polished product.
The role will also include designing for web and branding. In this role you will be a leader crafting the visual identity of Jido. It is our hope that a successful candidate is ready to become the design vision for our growing company.
* B.S. in Arts, Computer Science or related fields
* Experience in website/mobile app UI & UX design
* Experience in 3D art design / animation
* Relevant industry experience of at least one year
* A portfolio which can convey your design skill and enthusiasm
Nice to Haves
* Experience working with ARKit, ARCore, HoloLens, or Magic Leap.
* Experience in technologies like Unity, Blender, Maya, React, iOS or Android
* Experience with front-end development
* Open to international travel
* Competitive salary and equity package
* Options for remote or on-site work
* Flexible hours with generous paid time off
* Health and dental benefits including for families
* Opportunities to travel the world
* Quarterly on-site team activities in San Francisco or New York City
* Extensive opportunities for personal growth and exploration
We are a collaborative, dynamic team and are looking for motivated and resourceful people that are ready to take on leadership roles. We offer competitive salaries, flexible hours, remote or on-site work, generous paid time off, medical and dental benefits for individuals or families, and extensive opportunities for personal growth and exploration.
We are committed to recruiting and maintaining a diverse group of people from all backgrounds, experiences, skills, and cultures. If you are talented and passionate about using the technology of the future to make today's world a better place then please apply!