Full Stack Developer (Augmented Reality)
Jido is making our physical world more intuitive and interactive using location based augmented reality (AR). Spaces, our full-stack AR authoring platform has already been deployed to over 10,000 locations on 6 continents. Our team began in the Stanford Artificial Intelligence Labs and is now backed by Y Combinator, Khosla Ventures, and an amazing group of industry leaders.
While we are tech nerds at heart, our development is driven by practical areas where AR provides massive value in a way that no other interface works. We feel there is no need to wait for the future of spatial computing, we have already found impactful ways to use our technology to make today's world better for people. As a result of this focus, our platform is already being used to address problems billions of people face every day.
You are a seasoned programmer that loves to build, ship, repeat. Your curiosity has led you to explore a wide range of projects outside of your comfort zone. You are a self motivated problem solver with the confidence that you can overcome nearly any challenge with a little digital duct tape. You can move fast without sacrificing attention to detail and a polished end result.
As a full stack developer you will play a key role across our entire platform, from our deep learning stack, large scale backend, and our web and mobile front-end. You may spend one week tweaking ray-casting on our web-based 3D editor and the next deploying a novel computer vision algorithm to 1M+ devices. On a daily basis you will work closely with the whole development and research team, and will regularly interface with the design and customer teams as we are a user-centered technology company.
It is our hope that over time a successful candidate will gravitate towards a part of our stack that they are particularly well suited for and interested in. As we grow, you will have the opportunity to take on a leadership role in that area.
* B.S. in Computer Science or related fields
* Industry experience of at least 2 years
* Desire to learn new things!
Nice to Haves
* Experience in building a large scale system
* Passion for computer vision and machine learning
* Interest in Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality
* Experience working with 3D data
* Experience in deep learning
* Familiarity with Python, C++, Kotlin, React, Docker, Unity
* Experience in deep learning technologies such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, or Caffe
* Experience in SLAM, visual odometry, scene reconstruction, multi-view stereo or structure-from-motion
* Experience working with ARKit, ARCore, HoloLens, or Magic Leap.
* Open to international travel
* Competitive salary and equity package
* Options for remote or on-site work
* Flexible hours with generous paid time off
* Health and dental benefits including for families
* Opportunities to travel the world
* Quarterly on-site team activities in San Francisco or New York City
* Extensive opportunities for personal growth and exploration
We are a collaborative, dynamic team and are looking for motivated and resourceful people that are ready to take on leadership roles. We offer competitive salaries, flexible hours, remote or on-site work, generous paid time off, medical and dental benefits for individuals or families, and extensive opportunities for personal growth and exploration.
We are committed to recruiting and maintaining a diverse group of people from all backgrounds, experiences, skills, and cultures. If you are talented and passionate about using the technology of the future to make today's world a better place then please apply!